dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, February 02, 2015

Coffee Garden

I never blogged at a cafe before, but here I am with my Christmas Chromebook.  I feel like a hipster.

Oh wait I can't be a hipster.

I'm at a cafe with a cookie I haven't touched.  I didn't really want the cookie--I wanted the least-expensive thing so I could sit here for an hour and a half.

This morning I was at the Rio Linda McDonald's drinking a decaf coffee for two and a half hours while Ming gardened with friends.  It was actually okay.  I wrote three letters and read some essays by a former friend who I miss a lot.  She published a book.  It feels voyeuristic to read it, but I am.

Some guy named James hit on me.  He introduced himself to me and asked if he could give me his phone number.  I said no thank you.  I am way too polite.  He left the McDonald's to smoke a cigarette and came back in.  He sat at the table next to mine and just spaced out for a while.

"You're a nice lady," he said out of the blue.

"Yeah," I said.  I am a nice lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home