dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, March 16, 2015

how the hearing went

I'm up late for me, eating leftover party cake.  I've gotten some attention today regarding the hearing I had this morning.  Lotsa people prayed for me or sent good wishes.  Some friends and family texted today or called to see how it went. 

I think it went well.  I did my best to very clearly speak the truth.  I was nervous beyond nervous.  If you know me well, you know that when I get very nervous, I tend to behave in a very subdued manner.  That's what happened today, only a tear escaped my left eye and slid down the side of my face as I was questioned. 

Afterward I got lost.  I left the wrong way and couldn't figure out how to get back to the entrance.  It's a very confusing building.  I found a pond and a fountain and a little bridge.  Finally I circumnavigated the immense building until I found Ming.  I was extraordinarily disoriented and kept asking him if I was okay and if everything was okay.  It was prolonged terrible stress.

But we celebrated with a breakfast at Maya's Taqueria.  And I saw a friend in the afternoon.  We did the bulletin at church.  I made pasta for dinner and leftover kidney beans.

And now here I am with an empty pretend tupperware that recently held vegan chocolate cake.  Now my tummy holds the vegan chocolate cake.

We won't know the judge's decision for a few weeks.  They have up to 90 days though.  I will be okay either way.  If we don't get it, we'll just start over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home