dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, July 02, 2015

hotdog day

Last night it stormed.  Today it's muggy.  We served the hungry--it was hotdog day.  I mostly did buns.  Then I was stuck with a pot of hotdogs, somehow, and J said, "Look at those poor vegetarians over there!"  Ming and I were the last ones serving hotdogs.

We went to Costco and peace vigiled.  I talked to my friend R.  We spoke of faith and trust.  Innocence Mission, a band I like.  We spoke of his sister.  She is pregnant.  "Is she happy?" I asked.  He said she's happy and they know it's a boy.

Walking back to our car, I saw a landscaper clipping flowers off some plants.  They are long flower spikes with pink flowers, very common here, but I don't know their name.  I asked him if he was going to cut off all the flowers.  We had a hard time communicating because of a language barrier.  But I'm working on it.

I ended up breaking off a small flower spike and taking it with me.  So here it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home