dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, January 04, 2016

mesir wot

This morning I woke up with energy.  I asked Ming to do some chopping for me and made mesir wot.  I had made it before at least a year ago, but I made it so hot I couldn't eat it.

This morning I tried this recipe.

http://thespiceisland.blogspot.com/2012/11/truly-authentic-mesir-wot.html

But I added ginger, which turned out to be a mistake, and I don't think I perfected the method of scorching it over and over, but I tried.

Also I used way less berbere than suggested.  It's perfectly spiced, for me.

It's very good.  I'm trying with some urgency to get a recipe down because I said I'd cook Ethiopian food for the Martin Luther King day parade.  For the people making our float, for an afterparty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home