dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, February 05, 2016

field trip: smoke shop

Today we went to the Paiute place on Main Street for the Indian taco fundraiser.  The food was good and quick.  We saw a lady we had met at the MLK parade afterparty.  We saw the lady who had invited us.

So we chowed down and we were like, I've never been to a smoke shop.  And we decided today was the day.

I was hoping for some postcards, some jewelry.  There was a little jewelry, and some of it appeared to be from the '80s.  There were two little dolls.  There were some candybars.

But the vast majority of the store was packed tight with cigarettes and chewing tobacco.  It was kind of overwhelming.  So much of something I don't need.

And tons of people were coming in and out of there.

I was happy to escape.  I always think that when I leave empty-handed the workers will think I stole stuff.  I half-smiled to a worker as I slipped out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home