dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

happy birthday, beautiful

So, it's Ming's birthday today.  He's a senior now, according to our local senior center.

Yesterday he attempted to hike Mt Charleston with our friend G.  G's wife J hung out with me in a cabin.  We rented a cabin.

Then the wind kicked up.  The power went out at the lodge.  J began to worry.  She started thinking of the worst.

I had faith.  I was like, "Worrying won't help."

"That's awfully logical, for a poet," J told me.

The wind blew in terrible gusts.  But then they made it back safe.  They'd left at 6 am and got back to the lodge at 3:15.  They hiked eight hours.

We got a refund for the night because there was no electricity.  We went back to town.  We ate dinner at a Greek place with G and J.  It was their birthday treat.

Today we ordered a dozen cupcakes for tonight.  We're picking them up at 5.

I am so tired.  Can you tell?  It's being sick.  All I want to do is sleep.  I think I'm going to lie down now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home