dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

new beginnings

I'm at a park at a picnic table wondering when the yardworkers will get to my spot. Ming is taking a hike. 

Last night I dreamt I was driving and got pulled over. I wasn't scared like I would be in real life. I parked by this bus stop and there was a hole in the ground I needed to avoid.  How dream-like. 

I think it's the first day of school at the high school. A cop was parked across the street from the school. There were three school buses. There was a multitude of cars. 

I used to be excited in fall--new beginnings. Could I walk through the school supplies aisle and feel that again? It has more to do with the coolness and mist of fall mornings here. But I would like a new dress. 

I keep having teaching dreams, some good some bad. 

The sycamore trees here are smallish but I have faith they will grow up huge and good. 

4 Comments:

  • At August 12, 2016 9:01 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    I love buying stuff from the school supplies aisle.

     
  • At August 19, 2016 10:43 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Thanks for your comment. Thanks for reading. Hugs!

     
  • At August 19, 2016 11:54 AM, Anonymous Liam said…

    Hi Laura-Marie and Mandy,

    I like the beginning of fall too. I like the smell of mist and cool mornings too. I like going to the school supplies store and smelling the smell of new pencils and scented eraser.

    When I was a boy the first few days back at school I would always try to write extra neat and keep my school books pristine but after a few days my work ethic always wore off.

     
  • At August 20, 2016 8:21 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hey, Liam. Thanks for your comment too. I like imagining you as a kid. Hugs to you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home