dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, February 04, 2017

fresh green pasta sauce

Today Ming hiked with a friend N and N's two little kids.  The kids and N went into a fast-moving, icy cold creek.  Overall it was a fun time.  They were in Red Rock at icebox trail.

N is a philosophy professor.  He volunteers at the Catholic Worker on Saturday mornings, sometimes with the elder of his children.

I was sad.  I got some painful mail.  We decided to go for a walk then get some toasted almond slices.  We ended up getting some fresh basil too for a delicious fresh green pasta sauce.  With my perfectly ripe avocado, some olive oil, some lemon juice, garlic, salt...  It was good.

I am less sad but still not up to par.  It's been a moody few weeks.  But I eat more nuts and seeds now.  I've been keen on pumpkin seeds.

I thought I needed one more pair of jeans, but spring seems to have sprung, so maybe it's getting to be time for shorts soon.

I wrote a poem about Freedom House.  It's being renovated.  The house, not the poem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home