dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, September 10, 2017

ritual

Today I got arrested at the test site.  We drove out to Mercury and prayed.  Then we processed to the line where Johnnie Bobb spoke truth to power in his beautiful way.  Then we held hands and prayed again.  The sheriff from Nye County held hands with us as we prayed.  That never happened before.  I almost cried.

Then Ming and I crossed the line.  There were so few of us they didn't want to open the pens.  Three of us got arrested--me, Ming, and R.  It was beautiful.  There were six total protesters and about eight officers.  So they outnumbered us.

I heard my phone chime that I got some txts (my phone was in G's pocket because I was about to cross) and thought it might be my friend A txting me, and sure enough it was.  I was deep in ritual.

He won't come over, and I'm like an animal that's done struggling.  I told him the soup wanted him to eat it.  Poor soup.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home