dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, November 03, 2017

Atomic Testing Museum

All kinds of chaotic crap going on.  I am overloaded.  I need a vacation.  Well, luckily I get one.  Ming and I have a Goddess Temple retreat coming up on Monday.

I bought some fake salami at Whole Foods today and it's pretty good.  I just ate a fake salami sandwich.

Today we went to the Atomic Testing Museum.  I had never been there before.  I thought it would be depressing--harrowing, even.  Instead, it was chillingly non-depressing.  So much for a world class museum showing a balanced perspective.  It was propaganda-like.

We exited through the gift shop and Ming bought a book about the test site.  Nothing tempted me but a booklet (zine-like) about radiation preparedness from the 1950s.  But do I really need another weird ephemera?  Nope.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home