dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, November 04, 2017

maybe one day

Nothing much has happened yet today.  Listening to Aimee Mann, my comfort.  Daydreaming about a letter I'll write later.  Ate breakfast.

Woke up thinking it was Sunday because, well, I served the hungry yesterday.  I usually do that Saturdays.  And we had our Saturday meeting yesterday.  So I'm all discombobulated.

I call the Rapid Responders the scum of the earth.  I shouldn't call them that.  They are the people who "clean up" after the homeless ie suddenly show up to throw away the homeless people's tents, sleeping bags, luggage...

I also think of as the scum of the earth the people that Social Security gets to evaluate those who apply for Social Security Disability.  That guy who evaluated me and said yes, I would be fine when my current manic episode was over, he is the lowest of the low.

But all people are people, and I should look for the humanity in everyone and build bridges, not walls.  Maybe one day I will be like my Catholic Worker friends with open hearts.

2 Comments:

  • At November 04, 2017 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you !

    I think the Rapid Response Workers, the Rapid Response Crew Leaders and the Rapid Response Supervisors are given the tasks of "...correcting incidences of non-compliance with municipal nuisance ordinances" which is scummy in the way it is carried out, with police enforcement, and cold heartedness.

    I love you !

     
  • At November 05, 2017 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you !

    I think, in the good conversation I had with you this morning about this subject, that I am trying to say with the above blog comment, that your current feelings are good and valid and your desire to change how you feel about the Rapid Response teams are good, though ambitious.

    In citing their job descriptions, I am trying to say they get paid an amount that I feel compels and drives their inhumane actions.

    I love you !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home