dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, December 21, 2017

button

We are stopped at our usual Barstow panera stop on the way to the undisclosed location.  I am not too thrilled about the trip, not into Christmas, but I need to see my mom.

Last night we were at A's place.  He read to me.  He played Jimi Hendrix for us and we danced.  I pet his dogs: Button, Penelope, and Cora.  Cora is the underdog.  I like her best--she's little and sweet.  Button is alpha dog, I think, and A favors her.

"Would I be correct to say you don't give a care about the dogs?"  I asked.

"I don't give two fucks about the dogs," Ming says.  "No, actually, I like the dogs.  I'm liking the dogs more and more.  Especially the one who lays on its back and I play with it."

"That's Button!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home