dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, April 26, 2018

garlic lover's pasta

Yesterday we picked up A and stopped by Sprouts for a few foods.  I needed to buy some macaroni for the garlic lover's pasta I ended up making for dinner at his place.

I never told him the name of the dish.  It's vegan, the way I make it, with peas and pasta and vegan mayo and lotsa pepper and garlic both dried and fresh.  I added cayenne pepper this time, from A's garden, and it was so good, with salt.

I first ate the dish in Sacramento, from the co-op, but it was not vegan there, with parmesan and regular eggy mayo.

A ended up reading to me from The Farthest Shore, most of an astounding chapter that was as good as writing gets, for me--I wanted to just stare at the wall, afterward, and remember what it said. 

Ming bought me some fair trade peanut butter M&M-style candy and it's so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home