dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, September 13, 2018

good deed

Yesterday I friended three people on facebook who I was close to when I was a teenager.  None accepted.  That's okay.

What is facebook for, anyway?  I'm upset about some prisoners who are in the hurricane's path not being evacuated.  What a fucked up world.

Yesterday we went to boba after my chest x-ray as a reward.  Ming got a strawberry lychee slushie and jalapeno poppers.  We bought fries for the homeless person who was sitting outside with his backpack by our van.  He seemed appreciative.  There but for the grace of God go I, right?

I bought these beautiful tomatoes at the store and don't know what to do with them.  Maybe I'll have tomato toast.

The little $2 rosemary plant I bought is doing well.  It cheers me.  I feel good today.  Got up at 4am, only need to peace vigil at 9.  Maybe Ming and I can have a date.

My friend A wants me to listen to a podcast he loved about Derrida and language.  He didn't know Derrida was a professor where I went to grad school and I had to study his ideas.  But I don't remember anything.

Someone else told me a podcast to listen to too.  Sometimes it's work, being a good friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home