dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, October 03, 2018

soyrizo potatoes, Pagan Pride 2018, mermaid

Gmorning.  Yesterday I burned part of the soyrizo when I made soyrizo potatoes, but it tasted great that way!


This was Pagan Pride 2018, hours before the heat exhaustion.


I saw a mermaid near the bee tree.  I said, "Are you a mermaid?"

"Yes," she said.

"How does it feel to be a mermaid?" I asked.

"Wet," she said.  "Splashy.  And I have these bubbles for the kids."

I smiled at her.  "Do you wanna take a picture?" she asked.

"You mean like a selfie?" I asked.

"Yeah!" she said.

"I haven't taken many selfies in my life," I said.

"Well, there's a first time for everything," she said.


Seemed intimate, to get close to take the selfie with a mermaid I'd barely met.  Later I saw her being wheeled around in a wheelchair.  She had a golden tail instead of legs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home