dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, February 25, 2019

things I've accomplished since getting out of the hospital

-arm and hand bruises healed
-iv places healed
-healed blood
-recovered from a long cold
-healing ulcer
-rest
-socializing
-managing Las Vegas Radical Mental Health Collective stuff
-blogging almost every day
-wrote text of new hospital zine
-assembled text of new poetry zine
-new apple tasting zine originals are done
-maintained calendar, to do list
-doctors appointments
-self-care

"Honey, I think I'm having a problem.  An old person problem.  I'm having trouble remembering what med does what thing.  Like this one, the label says 'diarrhea' on it.  So I know which one it is...  There are too many!  How am I supposed to keep track of them?!  It doesn't help that everything has two names!  Like characters in a Russian novel!"

[laughter]

"No, in a Russian novel, everyone has three names."

[laughter]

"Did you ever read a Russian novel?"

"Yes."

"Oh, which one?  War and Peace?"

"No."

"Brothers Karamozov?"

"No."

"Crime and Punishment?"

"No.

"Anna Karenina?"

"No."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home