dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 31, 2019

zine fest day

Yesterday afternoon and evening we drove to Needles, California.  What a terrible name!  We talked a lot on the road.  I think I'm getting my energy back.

Turns out I've been to Needles before--when we were in Arizona and I got really sick and Ming drove us home to take me to the emergency room, we got some Indian food in Needles, some spinach.

I told Ming last night how waiting for that Indian food was some of the worst ten minutes of my life.  I was alone in the minivan, fading in and out of consciousness, painfully uncomfortable and afraid I was going to die.  I was like, holy shit, we gotta get out of here.  How could it be taking so long.  Please, god, let's go.

Then when he finally had the food, I couldn't eat it--I couldn't eat, anymore.  He didn't eat it either.  It ended up thrown away, in its sad styrofoam container.

Basically, I don't like Needles too much.  But this Red Roof Inn though creepily under-inhabited for a weekend seems ok.  The little dogs next door haven't made a peep.  The trains come by, but there's no train whistle.

I'm wearing my space dress and ready for a zine fest.  On to Joshua Tree--wish us luck!


I don't know if their safer spaces policy is intense about photos, but I asked Ming to pictures, so hopefully we'll have a lot to show you tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home