dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, May 17, 2019

Deaf hitchhikers, lost friend, how to get a pretty scrunchie

I woke up from a dream--Ming and I were in the shortbus, and we saw some hitchhikers.  They were two women with short hair, butch-looking, wearing jeans and I'm not sure about their shirts, but they looked similar to one another, white ladies with dark blond hair, probably in their 30s.

I rolled down the window and asked, "Where you headed?" to the nearest lady, and she had a little sticker stuck to her finger.  She handed it to me, and in little handwriting, black ink, someone had written, We are Deaf.

But by then I had noticed the dog, a huge St Bernard, the size of a couch!

I told Ming, "They are Deaf.  But they have a huge dog!"  Ming seemed very positive about giving them a ride.  I was not wanting the huge dog in our vehicle and wanted to ask if the dog was well-behaved, but I didn't have any paper.

It was vivid and seemed realistic, like these people are really out there waiting for a ride, and I can still see the handwriting.

I was remembering a friend.  I used to go to the 99 cent store, and they had scrunchies for a dollar--I thought it was a three-pack, but now I wonder if it was a two-pack.  I got this scrunchie that was stripes of different purples, so pretty.  I love purple.

But it was with other scrunchies that were not to my liking.  I remember one that was gray and black striped, and those aren't my colors.  One was neon orange.  But to get the pretty purple scrunchie, I had to get the ones I didn't like.

So I gave those ones to my friend who also had long hair and used scrunchies, but probably she would have liked the purple one best, like me. 

That friend, I loved her so much.  She was one of my first friends with kids.  I loved her kids also.  It took a lot for me to let them in.

We had some good times--at the park, getting food, by the river.  Bad times too, like at the doctor and when the little one was throwing a fit because she didn't want to leave.

I had a dream about her also.  She was about to take a belly dancing class and was very happy.  I asked how the kids were, and she said they were good, at a birthday party.

I thought she would be my friend all my life.  I miss her.  I was in it for the long haul.  She stopped wanting anything to do with me.  I see bits of her husband's news on facebook and feel voyeuristic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home