dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, May 24, 2019

emotional first aid kit

clear plastic bag to hold everything

noise-canceling headphones
These are too big to go in the kits I'm making now. But if I ever have to spend time in the hospital again, I'd like some noise-canceling headphones so I can take a break from the hospital while in the hospital.


small sketchbook and pen
I'm annoyed by lines, don't need them.


notes / art from loved ones
I have some already or can ask friends to make me something special.


encouraging letter to self
I like to write to myself periodically anyway.


tiny zine of self-care, other-care
I actually made a one-page affirmation zine years ago.


essential oil spray
I can get small empty spray bottles and put a few drops essential oil in there then fill the whole bottle with water. I already have a blend that's supposed to be good for happiness--its main smell is orange. I have a blend for calmness also that I was given by a friend.


rocks / crystals for calming or grounding
Hematite is classic, but lots of rocks could work. Something beautiful and feels good in the hand.


talisman for healing, homemade beforehand


affirmation cards
With blank cards for writing new ones?  I can just cut up index cards.


calming herbal tea
I'm including a bag of lemongrass tea well-sealed in plastic.


oatstraw tea
For anxiety.


magnesium glycinate
For anxiety.


emergency contact numbers
Local warm line.


cute toy?
Haven't figured this one out yet.  Maybe a little beanie baby type toy?


comforting spiritual or religious item
Small book, prayer on a card, or medal.


squeezy thing
Just a stress ball.


palo santo with small lighter


1 Comments:

  • At May 24, 2019 5:17 PM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    Thank you for sharing. It would be a neat idea for a workshop or a writing exercise for people to come up with a list of what to put in their own kit, or what they would put in kits to share with others.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home