dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, July 05, 2019

earthquake

That earthquake yesterday felt pretty weird. At first the dizzy, uncomfortable feeling reminded me of a health problem.  Afterward, I was tripped out by the power of Mother Earth.  I felt I'd had a spiritual experience but kind of unwanted.

Now we're at the Goddess Temple.  My mind wants to sleep but pain from my pinched nerve keeps me up. I promised my friend I would come up with an idea for a special fundraiser zine she can publish to support an organization that helps immigrant families.  That was my fourth of July task to help my country.

At the cafe this morning, the worker wished me a happy Independence Day.  I replied, "Happy Interdependence Day." I had friends boycotting the holiday because of the US's behavior.  I never celebrate the holiday because I hate explosions and patriotism seems like a sad pretending

"There's no flag big enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people."