dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, July 21, 2019

proper use of tortillas

Yesterday I was researching puns.  I read some examples and was laughing.  Here's a favorite.

I wrote a song about a sandwich.  Well, it’s actually more of a wrap.

I remember when I first saw a wrap.  I was at this grading job that had catered lunch.   Many sections of wrap, trying to find the vegetarian ones, others' confusions about what constitutes vegetarian, meat ones in the wrong spot, stupid caterers who didn't get the importance.  I thought wraps were a sad misuse of a tortilla. 

With time, I've come to accept wraps as a thing, but I'd rather have tortillas warm and soft, enclosing something warm and soft also.  Tortillas are a good food.

I've tried making wraps on days I was out of bread, not sure I ever got it right, not sure if my partial failure was user error or if wraps just aren't that good.

As for rapping, I used to want to be a rapper.  In my mind, it was related to being a graffiti artist.  I thought I could do it, as a poet.  But it's not a skill of mine. 

I wanted to go by MC Dairy Queen, not because I like Dairy Queen fast food restaurants, but because I loved milk, cheese, butter, and ice cream at the time.  I thought it would be funny--a brown cow with big teats and a crooked crown.

So what if I can’t spell Armageddon?  It’s not the end of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home