dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 03, 2019

bean problems, getting goo off tomato seeds, humidity here

I wanted to see a bean plant on google images to draw for a zine.  I drew some beans, but I thought I'd like to draw a bean plant also--a lively, vibrant, life-giving, leafy thing.

I realized more than ever how green beans and actual beans are lumped together, when really, they are two different things.  You've got a green food eaten as a normal vegetable, and you've got a wonderful little morsel you make into a delicious brown stew of warmth and comforting goodness, for hours, with water and spices.

Ming and I decided to have two separate names for them.  Bean-vegetable, and bean-bean.

"Can we do that?" I asked.

"We can do that," he said.  "I should write it down so I won't forget."

Then there are vanilla beans too.  Part of a flower.  Jeeze.  Obviously, the English language has some problems with beans.


Also, here is a picture of the tomato seeds molding in the mason jars, at my friend's parents' farm, to get the goo off, so the seeds can be dried and saved.  I couldn't stop staring at them, gross yet pretty in the window.


Yesterday I was sitting on the dark green velvet couch for a minute and took some selfies.


My hair was doing a thing that it doesn't so as much, in the desert.  Humidity feels different on my skin, and my hair curls erratically.

The time is passing quickly, here.  Being me is a lot of work, sometimes.  Even sleep is no break from feelings, with these intense dreams.  Thanking goodness for every day and every moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home