dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

the stuff I'm talking about vs the stuff I'm not talking about

"Are you a regular dork, or King of the Dorks?" I asked Ming.  I'd asked him to buy me screen wipes.  I've been wanting to clean my computer screen for a long time.  He bought lens wipes.  Oh, sweetie.



We went to Santa Barbara to visit our friend who lives at the Mission.  He treated us to vegan food--we went to Mesa Verde.  The food was delicious, creative, and seemed really special.  He doesn't own anything.  They have a common purse. 



Then we stopped by Hendry's Beach.  Some painters were painting--seemed idyllic.  I liked the water, the creek, the hill covered in plants, beautiful clouds. 



You know me--I'm crazy about clouds.  The guys went for a walk.  I did some writing, sat on benches, took some photos, enjoyed life.  I got sun.  It didn't feel too intense like desert sun.  It felt ok.





My teacher wrote a series of sonnets Running at Hendry's.

At the Mission, we got a tour of secret places.  They were growing this gorgeous plant.  Turns out it's wild dagga, or lion's ear, which is legal but can give a mild high.  I thought it was a sage.  It's in the mint family.


Life is full of surprises.  I can feel done and fed up.  Then there's beauty again--Ming's smile, a new plant, a delicious pretend cheese sandwich.  Thank you, God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home