dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, October 28, 2019

ideal home / homestead list

I made this list a few months ago and have added
a few things, but mostly it's the same.
Anything I'm forgetting?

Laura-Marie's ideal home / homestead list

zine library
smells good
no mold
no bugs indoors
nothing broken
no half-finished repair projects
no pets
no cactus / spiky falling hazards
accessible to very fat people
accessible to walkers, wheelchairs
no stairs
wide doors
toilets don’t plug up
composting toilet option
extra-large tub
showers with handheld showerhead
good water pressure
garden by door
herbs
veggies
fruit trees
composting
comfy sturdy places to sit
quiet
private space
also less-private space
uncluttered areas
room to dance, do yoga
high bookshelves
rather clean--cleaning help weekly
gas range and oven
solar oven
enough cabinets
spongy mats in kitchen
spongy mats in exercise area
lots of light
airflow opportunity--windows open
insulated
solar panels
laundry machines on site
clothesline
peaceful courtyard with shade
pretty
bright colors
less plastic
room for bikes indoors
water storage
project space
guest room
guest bathroom
extra fridge / freezer space
central air
good heat
multiple places to be
good place to park vehicles
well water
water filtration system
grounded outlets
reliable wifi
prayer / meditation room

What do you think? Probably you're not really surprised by any of this.

It makes me dream. I picked a few things to try.
This house needs some work--we've had handypeople come and go.

Earlier, when Ming was at a babyshower,
I looked at some job listings and thought about work,
trying to think how I might be able to do it. I made a resume.
I went into a little twilight zone for a couple hours there,
then realized I had been a bit delusional and snapped out of it.

I've done that before. Thinking of another life--
researching housing in another state,
or looking for new penpals.

I've been trying to live within my means for a long time.
But what if your means is really too small.

It's kind of cold. I guess the wind blew in a chill.
I heard in California, there's trouble with wind, electricity, fires again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home