dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, December 16, 2019

crystalline

We were in the hotel room, and I was trying to get going.  In an effort to get out the door, I asked Ming to turn my socks inside out.  They're newish socks my mom gave me, slightly thick and super soft.  I was finishing something up on my computer.

"Like this?" Ming asked.  I watched him turn my socks so the seams were on the outside and wouldn't hurt my feet.  I felt very very cared for.  I wasn't expecting that.  We left the hotel by 6am.

Later that day I was driving and felt hungry for some banana.  Yeah, I don't drive--don't tell anyone I was driving.  Ming peeled a banana for me and fed me some as I drove through a certain gorgeous canyon.

I joked how he was helping me eat, and that meant when I did my next disability requalification form, I could say I needed help with feeding myself.

We talked about executive function.  I thought that was when a bunch of people in suits got together for a conference.  I asked him to read me the first paragraph of the wikipedia article. 

Then I asked him to read me the first paragraph of the wikipedia article on fluid intelligence.  It was really cool to hear about crystalline vs fluid intelligence.

Oh wait, it's crystallized, not crystalline.  Oh well.  Close.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_and_crystallized_intelligence

By then I needed to pee, but the place we pee in New Cuyama wasn't open yet.  We tried to think where there was a library or some place I could pee.  I ended up holding it till we got to the coast.

I told Ming my further thoughts about that frozen yogurt night.  The yogurts we chose all represented our personalities or goals. 

I got gingerbread cookie flavor with chocolate magic shell.  The yogurt I got represented novelty, as I'd never had that flavor before, and nostalgia about childhood also, in the form of the magic shell, something I've loved since I was a little kid.  But mostly my treat represented maximum creamy rich intense decadence, extreme comfort, but I got only a small amount.  So basically, I'm looking for extremely rich comfort, and novelty tempered by nostalgia, but trying not to overdo it.

G got a little of everything.  I saw them taking longer to prepare their treat--they seemed thought-ful.  They ended up with frozen yogurt soup and offered I could try it, toward the end.  I looked into the paper bowl and considered it.  G's choice represents exploration and a deep need for variety and learning.  Wanting it all.

Then Ming got fruit, all fruitiness.  He got some tropical fruit flavor--passionfruit?  On top he put strawberry popping boba, which explodes in your mouth (a sensation I find reprehensible).  So his choice was for energizing lightness.  He does like my way of decadence, but he doesn't want to be weighed down.  So he wants all the energy he can get, and that was represented by vibrant fruits.

What do you think?  I could tell people's fortunes, maybe.  Interpreting their dessert choices like dreams. 

You know me--I'm a cheesecake friend.  I try to overwhelm my mouth with flavor and texture, consequences be damned.  I like an intense brownie at times also, heated up if possible.  Ice cream with caramel and chocolateness.  Peanut butter cups--yum.  Yesterday I had some intense chocolate pudding with Mom.

Tomorrow we leave the undisclosed location, headed south toward friends.  I've decided my friend with the earthdome is not a regular man--he doesn't love like a regular man.  He seems way more willing to jump in.  Maybe I'll ask him this evening how he got that way.  Life continues as it continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home