dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, January 06, 2020

language mistakes

"It's important not to mix up the search bar with the post bar," I said absentmindedly, on my phone.

"Yeah, especially if you're stalking someone," Ming added.  We laughed, as he has a reputation for data hoarding, which facebook stalking could be a subset of, maybe.

We're home again.  I'm starting to appreciate this cycle more--the prepare for going away, travel, be elsewhere, travel home, restfully adjust to home, settle in to home, think of when to leave again cycle.  I think this coming and going is actually ok. 

It used to tear me up, honestly.  I would get anxious about leaving then anxious about coming home.  All the transition was too much--upheaval.  I would leave my heart in the wrong place and need to wait a week or two for it to get home.

I guess it was hitchhiking and would get stuck at remote rest stops?  Or somehow my heart would teleport, its particles tiny in the sky over hundreds of miles, taking so long to get here, blowing in a cloud.

All of me is home now.  Life feels pretty good.  Historically the day after travel, I want to rest a lot.  I like it, bonus sabbath.

Oh, I had this dream which I find hilarious.  I was in a room that was covered in cheapass terrible wood paneling, but someone had painted it all silvery white with glitter.  The light was dim, with candles and christmas lights glowing gently.  I was delighted this room had been so bad and was now so good.  A perfect room.

I think it might slightly have to with Voodoo Donuts in Portland, Oregon.  You know waiting in a long line outside, down the street, those bricks in the brick wall--it's all painted glittery.  I always loved that, waiting for my huge vegan cream-filled donut.

Probably you could not understand the hilariousness of the paneling thing in my dream.  This terrible wood paneling I hate, transformed into a beautiful thing I could love, without having to actually rip out the paneling and spend thousands of dollars and many hours on a remodelling job.  Just paint the damn stuff, with glitter.

my favorite things today
trying to remember the forgotten word
people helping me remember, correctly or incorrectly
mistakes
language mistakes
jokes based on language mistakes
god as error
spontaneous spoonerisms--pud muddle
manufactured pretend spoonerisms--funslowers
language-related secret relationship things
pet names of pets
pet names of humans
cats having 20 names
Ming starting to say the things I always say, hearing him say a silly thing I say, feeling how it feels to hear him say it instead of me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home