dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, January 01, 2020

ritual, fluxiness, having a happy life to draw robots in

Hey, perhaps you noticed.  It's a new year.  I can tell because I changed my ribbon.


Also, maybe you know how ritual can be a good way to get parts of yourself on the same page.  A good way to tell yourself stuff.  Intentions, ideas, desires.  It was a pretty way to begin the year.


This morning I had an important txt conversation I hope is helpful and a phone conversation about some life things.  Community, freedom, change.  The vastness of Nevada.  Where I come from.

Also we had tea with the Priestess.  I ate a banana and listened a lot.

Ming says people don't usually talk about their homeland the way I do.  He seemed like he thought it was stupid.  I was like, Hey, are you insulting my homeland?!  Do I need to kick your ass? 

I tried to explain to him how it's amazing there, and you know...he's been there.  A couple times, yeah!

And a whole other conversation about love, power, how we do relationships, gatekeeping, control.  We returned to town easily.

Then we got groceries at winco.  I wanted to ask the checker if she was getting paid doubletime for the holiday.  I hope so.  I decided you aren't supposed to ask that.

When we got home, it was 53 degrees in our house and 53 degrees in the laundry room.  With the space heater going, it's up to 59.

I know I can change my life any time.  And it can get changed for me also, with death and others' decisions.  The things I can control--it's kind of mysterious.  But so far the year is pretty good and fluxy.

"These are good robots," Ming told me.

"Thank you!" I said.  "Thanks for helping me have a happy life where I can drawn funny robots."  He was punching holes in zines.  "Do you hear me?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said.

"Do you really hear me?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home