dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, April 07, 2020

the words under the words, trike ecstacy, who formed warm hot

I never understood Klondike bars.  My parents had them a lot.  I was like, what's the point?  If you want ice cream, have ice cream.  Who needs chocolate coating.  Or squarishness!  Or the foil-coated wrapper!

Then someone came over to our house bringing two six packs of Klondike bars, for a potluck, and he left them here, both unopened, I think.  We were like, what do we do with these?

I guess I'd never had one?  I was like, hmm, this is delicious!

Something I considered silly was their size.  I see now--the pre-portioning is nice.  You don't have to think about how much Klondike bar to eat, really.   The unit is one.

Why am I talking about this?  I guess to avoid talking about something else.  It can be that way.

I mentioned the other day to a friend how conversation, my favorite thing can be listening to the words under the words.  I also like the eye contact, if any.

My friend and I were in the courtyard, a couple weeks ago.  He was giving me some money advice.  At the end, he said something like, "I hope that was helpful."

I was like, "I like the sound of your voice, and that you care enough to want to help."  I didn't really need what he said, in a way.

"You could be telling me about different models of dishwasher machines or reciting the declaration of independence.  I would love it, friend, because I love you."

His voice is like a salve.  Like if he just talked to me enough, my soul would heal from some brokenness I didn't even know it had.

You probably think that sounds crazy.  Well, I also decided that if fishing and surfing can be spiritual practices, so can riding my trike.

Yes, it's getting absorbed in the activity.   I think it's the bliss.  Trike ecstacy.   When the ecstacy gets so good it's spiritual.  We are no longer ordinary people--we turn into bike gods, trike gods.


Lately I've been making atcs.  It's good for me, the art, letting myself make whatever I want within this small, non-intimidating format.

What art would I make, if I was making art? I wondered.  Well, it's a way to learn about myself.  What part of my mind is thinking about I didn't even know existed.

This naked multi-Kali is called "who formed warm hot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home