dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

manic

We felt we needed to get the oil changed before our trip and went to Jiffy Lube yesterday when Erik came home from work. That place is my idea of hell. Their cheerful little scripts pain me. I get a very bad attitude. I hate the way they pretend to be mechanics. They give you an estimate. It's not an estimate!

At least they found a brake light that was out. I hate to give patrolmen an excuse to pull us over and search. Not that they ever have. Erik looks like such an upstanding citizen!

Then we came home, had dinner, and went to sleep. He was exhausted. I wasn't tired but fell asleep after a while anyway. We woke up at 9, confused about whether it was night or day, and got up. I wrote an emotional essay called laundry. I am or was nutty ie manic: anxious, irritable, verbal, and edgy. So then Erik read it and liked it. He comforted me through some anxious panic. Then we went to bed again around midnight. It was odd. Hot even though it was midnight.

Anyway, we'll get an appointment and go to our mechanic for an oil change next time. We won't be in a rush.

I'm lonely, feel neglected and bored, though our trip is soon, and I won't be bored then. I have "For Today I'm a Boy" stuck in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home