dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

emergence

We got these Persian cucumbers from Trader Joe's, and they're so tender and delicious, they don't need to be peeled.

Today I sent a great deal of mail. We picked up some audio tapes freecycle near Winters. I just got on Forrest's waiting list for a bassoon, and the gentleman said "Good morning" though it's afternoon.

We went to the 99 cent store. I looked for pickles because I have a hard time committing to the large-size jars found normally, but the only pickles I found (other than sweet ones) had artificial flavors. WTF? I bought red bell peppers, nectarines, a jar of vodka pasta sauce, and four pairs of chones.

I brought our own bags, which I put on the conveyer belt for the checker's ease, and she threw them away, which I didn't say a word about. It's not the first time this has happened to me.

Brown basmati rice is cooking for lunch. We're out of both peanut butter and tahini, which is a household emergency. We've been thinking a lot about the emergence of emergency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home