dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, August 26, 2006

beautiful concert

Yesterday we went to the bay area for a free Wah! concert. It was absolutely awesome. It was at the Mariott in San Mateo--she was the entertainment for an alternative medicine conference. Originially it was going to cost $35 to see this concert (if you weren't already there for the conference), but there were some difficulties....

To make a long story short, I got an email saying the concert had become free, so we went, and there were only about 10 people there, including us. It was intimate, beautiful, moving, transformational, and I sang my little heart out. It's mostly kirtan, which is call-and-response. I loved it, and I was so happy. It's extremely encouraging--her music makes me feel supported and like I can live.

This picture is from her website.

At the women's retreat I went to last week, the nun who spoke mentioned to us the importance of holy company--she said a person can have holy company in the form of sacred images in addition to actually present people, but I like music to be my holy company too.

In Berkeley we did some usual excellent stuff, like we ate delicious Indian food and bought Acme bread. I was actually very cranky all day, and the concert made me feel so much better: uplifted.

Today I have choir practice, we need to buy water, and Erik's starting training for some online scoring he's starting next month--the CELLA with ETS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home