dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, October 22, 2006

the weekend

This weekend there was a puja. I went to a meeting where I met five new people, and another more private meeting. Erik and I had drinks in midtown with a new friend. I went to worship and vespers. And I talked on the phone with a different new friend that I had never spoken with before. It was the most social weekend of recent memory, and my conclusion is that recent efforts to reach out more have worked. Interaction with other beings is one of the few meaningful activities available to us, and I'm getting better at it.

Erik starts work at the grading factory tomorrow, so I will have to learn how to be alone for long stretches of day again. SAT scoring is fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home