dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, November 03, 2006

Japan Town

Yesterday we went to Berkeley for lunch and bread, and then to San Francisco's Japan Town. It was rainy and lovely out. We looked at beautiful stuffs. I got some nice stationary:

"I'm out of my mind with loneliness. Stay with me."

"My pleasure is giving water to a flower every morning with favorite gardening goods."

Erik got some tea-related materials. It was very stimulating to be in a different kind of place, and we had Japanese curry for dinner. But sort of too stimulating. I had to say to myself, "Everything's okay. Keep breathing." Sometimes I feel really cautious when I'm afraid I'm intruding on another culture's space. Sometimes I really want a tranquilzer before heading to the city.

But driving was fine. We didn't take any wrong turns or get lost, which gives us faith we might try driving in San Francisco more. Before, we parked elsewhere and took the BART in.

Maybe I will scan some stationary if I can get my scanner to work. Things haven't been 100% since the great computer troubles of a couple weeks ago. I suspect the power supply's many little plugs might not all be plugged in properly.

Last night I had a nightmare that I woke up from crying out. Today I'm staying home and hiding before another out-day tomorrow. It's rainy again but not supposed to rain tomorrow, which is good considernig everyone who's coming from out of town for Jagaddhatri.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home