dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, November 30, 2006

new candy

I have fallen in love with a Halvah bar made by Camel. (I would like to scan the wrapper for you, but the scanner's still not friends with the computer.) I had one months ago, which I found at Staff of Life in Santa Cruz. Then last week I got one at the Sacramento co-op. I hope they're becoming more common.

Anyway, it's lovely candy with only a little sugar. My most recent one was vanilla. It's subtle and velvety. It's like the middle of the butterfinger but more fine and fatty, sesame tasting instead of peanut butter. So good. It requires a great deal of self-discipline for me not to eat the entire bar at once. I break off little portions and savor.

Four ingredients: sesame seed, malted barley syrup, egg whites, and natural vanilla flavor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home