dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, November 24, 2006

merry Christmas, then

This morning Erik drove me to Goleta to see my special someone. I also got to hug and bond with her dad and brother. These people sustain me. If I ever feel ready to throw the towel in, remind me to go to that house the day after Thanksgiving.

On the long drive home again, we stopped at another Sri Lankan place in Santa Cruz, Malabar. The food was heavenly, but people were packed, and I get edgy when my chair's being bumped over and over. The food was divine, but I got a to-go cup for Erik's chocolate chai, and we fled. We need to go back when it's not Friday night. The lighting was nice. I had Kofta Colombo, while Erik had Tempeh Goreng. I was initially attracted to the Saffron Curry Ravioli, but then we decided to both go the more Asian route and then share.

We listened to Bjork's Post and Luna's Penthouse in addition to our usual diet of Innocence Mission and Hindu devotional music. Erik's trying to decide whether to go to work tomorrow, because they're having extra work, but if he does, I won't have a way to get to choir practice.

Parents gave us lovely food to take home: turkey, fry-ups, some apple pie though not homemade, apples and grapes from a store, small apples from the tree in the backyard which are sweet, so I won't eat them, but Erik will.

It's Christmas time now, so merry Christmas, but I need to buy presents fast because most of my peeps have December birthdays. I'm behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home