dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, March 15, 2007

support group

Last night Erik and I went to my first ever support group. It was strange to be in a group of people where I could relate to some of them. That never happens to me. I enjoyed hearing people talk who are the same kind of crazy as me.

Strangely, it was huge. I imagined 12 people. It was more like 50. Only about 10 people did all of the talking, which was fine. I actually had two questions that I never had time to ask. I like the way relatives and friends can come, but I would like a group just for the crazies themselves too. The relatives talked a lot, taking up much of the time, while I think the whole idea of a support group is that the people who need support can talk. Not that relatives don't need support too, but their need is different.

New SAT session starts today. Erik has a plan to work ridiculous amounts to rack up overtime. I have no such plan. All I want to do is write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home