dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, May 12, 2007

the news of the day

Today I went to visit my friend A. It was my first time at her house. One of her bathrooms is decorated with Virgin of Guadalupe art. She has good taste in art, and she has dogs and a gorgeous big backyard with flowers and a vegetable garden. We sat in the backyard talking and looking at birds.

Also today I found out that my main distro Sweet Pea, the distro that carries all my stuff, is closing. I feel sad because I won't have a loyal distro anymore who I can count on to stock everything I make. It's rare that a distro wants to have my zines in their catalog since there's no way to make money off them. Sweet Pea was the one. I feel alone now. Erik suggested that it's good to get rid of the middle man. But distros are a way of reaching more people.

SAT scoring started Thursday, requiring a great deal of time and effort, so life is different now and will be for another eight days or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home