dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

ways of speaking, mail, crawdads

I'm thinking of starting a food journal blog called Why I'm Fat. Somehow I found this idea very funny. Actually, I would love to read someone else's food journal because I'm fascinated by this kind of minutiae.

Erik knew how to spell minutiae, which impresses me. "You passed the test, baby!" I said and felt like Gene Wilder in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory at the end when Charlie wins.

I hit the mail jackpot today. I got two real letters, two notes, and two zines--I read and loved both zines today: Call and Response #2 from my Italian-Japanese zine acquaintance Gianni Simone, and Hatching Mister Sister, which was a gift from my dear friend J.

One of the letters was from my cousin S and sheds some light on the great prison visit fiasco mystery.

There's a new saying around here. When you don't know the reason something happened, you say, "It's a FM." I learned it from my relations. It stands for "fucking mystery."

Today Erik was hiking in the Sierras with his friend T. I went to Vedanta and talked to my friend P while she gardened. Something surprising happened: we saw two crawdads. I hadn't seen a crawdad in a long time. They weren't in a pond. They were walking about in the sprinkler sprinkles, pincers poised for pinching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home