dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, September 17, 2007

men's clothes

Well, Erik is job hunting like mad, and he's applied for a few things, but no interviews yet. He doesn't have appropriate interview clothes, so I thought I would ask some friends for advice, especially my friend R who is so smart about the world and reality. Also, she works in a clothes shop. She's given advice, and my friend K has too.

Today we went to Target on a mission to find out Erik's sizes, but they didn't have his size in anything. The jacket fit around his shoulders and belly, but the sleeves were too long. The pants were too long also--the shortest size is 30, but he evidently needs a 28. He didn't even try on the shirt because he knew what would happen--the sleeves would be too long on the shirt too. We've come to the conclusion that Erik is short. He's 5' 7".

I can't remember what's next--I guess we need to buy pants in the size available and have them hemmed. As for shirts, maybe Men's Warehouse would have something right. But I'm scared of setting foot in there. Maybe a Big & Tall store would have shirts that fit in the belly but with shorter sleeves.

Do I really want to expend all this effort when he doesn't even have an interview yet? We would need to buy shoes also. Add to all this how much Erik hates shopping. After looking around at Target, his reward was a trip to the video game area, where he played a platform game and a tennis game while I waited patiently.

1 Comments:

  • At September 17, 2007 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would try a Goodwill store for a pair of Dockers pants. Or you could get them in a Mervyn's for a decent price; you should be able to find them in a size 36x29.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home