dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, October 07, 2007

banana bread, baba ganoush, another new monitor

This morning I baked some banana bread. I remembered the nuts this time, and it turned out dense but good.

This evening I made some baba ganoush. I think it's the best I've ever made. The eggplants (from the dollar store, by the way--I stopped by for eggplants and mailing tape) were nice and heavy, gorgeous as always.

We got a new monitor this evening through freecycle. It's got two very faint horizontal lines in the picture. Otherwise, it's great: crisply clear and much larger than the old, little one that Erik and I picked up by the side of the road.

I finished my SAT training today. Scoring starts the eleventh.

2 Comments:

  • At October 08, 2007 11:02 PM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    Your dollar store has eggplants? The dollar stores I've seen around here just have weird random stuff you don't really need, like air fresheners.

     
  • At October 09, 2007 9:04 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    It's called the 99 cent store, and they have produce! A ten pound bag of potatoes for 99 cents, for example. If we were potato-eaters, I would so buy those. Also there's sometimes bell peppers, apples, oranges, hot peppers, avocados, lettuce, melons, onions, garlic, strawberries, and plums. The lettuce is kept refrigerated, and sometimes it's organic. We've found organic strawberries there too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home