dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, November 12, 2007

harmonium

This afternoon I went to Vedanta and practiced harmonium. I played all the Sunday morning worship songs, all the vespers songs, and two of our current choir songs: Jatane and Bom Bom Bom.

Then I went for a walk around the grounds and ate some tree strawberries as a snack.

This morning it was 56 degrees in the living room, and I wanted the heater on, but it wouldn't work. I guessed the pilot must have gone out. So Erik and I lit the pilot this evening. There's a hole, and if you have the kind of lighter with a long metal tube, you can stick the end of the metal tube in the hole and light it. Erik was concerned that it was going to blow up, but we were brave.

I took this harmonium picture from a website that sells them, Abydos Enterprises.

2 Comments:

  • At November 14, 2007 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to have this heater that you had to light every season. And yes, very scary to light. It made this huge "whoosh!" sound and flame shot out. A fear for your eyebrows sort of experience.

     
  • At November 17, 2007 9:23 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Dear R,

    You have a beautiful way of putting things.

    love,
    LM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home