dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, November 03, 2007

nanowrimo

It's National Novel Writing Month, and I started my new novel on Thursday. I'm following the two mottos: "Embrace the suck" and "No plot? No problem!" I'm thinking of taking it in a whole new direction today because I'm dissatisfied with what I've written so far. Yesterday I was telling Erik that I wanted to quit. "Don't quit now," he said. "Wait at least until the 29th." Last year I didn't get very far, so this year I just want to have a higher word count than last year. Eventually I can work myself up to a whole novel (maybe in 10 years). Well, I don't want to dismiss the possibility that I'll make it this year. The goal is 50,000 words, and if you write 1,667 words a day, you'll make it, which is reasonable, as long as you don't skip a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home