dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

miss

Today I sort of almost got into an accident. I was driving home from Howe Park. There was construction, and a lane was blocked. It's hard to explain what happened, but in a moment of panic, I made the choice to run over a traffic cone. I thought I would just go over it. But the traffic cone got stuck under the front of my Blazer, and I had to pull over to pull it out.

This afternoon I went to the library to pick up two guidebooks to Portland. Best Places Portland looks good (I was reading about them on Amazon). Frommer's Portable Portland is small, and I don't seem to be its target audience.

2 Comments:

  • At November 14, 2007 8:20 PM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    That is an important warning regarding traffic cones--who'd have thought?

    If your library has a "Hidden Oregon" or "Hidden Portland" book (I think that series sticks with states, not cities), the "Hidden" books are good ones to give you ideas about all kinds of destinations, including smaller ones.

    Do you know some people in Oregon? I would suspect that you must know a Portland zinester or two. ;)

     
  • At November 17, 2007 9:22 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Dear Mandy,

    I know a few people in Portland, but none of them are zinesters. One is a visual artist--she did a cover for me a few issues ago. I hope to meet a lot of zinesters there.

    Thanks for the tip about the "Hidden" book.

    goodness,
    LM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home