dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, November 25, 2007

tapas

Today I finished The Time Traveler's Wife. I was dissatisfied with it over all. The ending especially was dark and unpleasant. It's not that I want my literature all sunny. It's just that darkness should be there for a reason. I thought the death at the end was predictable, and I didn't like the way kids are portrayed throughout. I liked some of the themes, and the time traveling itself was interesting.

Today we went to Fry's for CD-Rs. I also wanted jewel cases, but they only had a 100 pack (I wanted about five). I also looked for bubble mailers, but I found them too expensive.

Last night, having tapas with my friend H, we shared everything. We had cream of pumpkin soup, a mushroom dish, an eggplant dish, a fried croquette dish with mushrooms in it, and a potato dish. And we had balsamic vinegar with olive oil to dip our bread in. Yum.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home