dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, December 07, 2007

facebook

I finally joined facebook. I think it's fun--there are features I like (the bookshelf function, for example). Importantly, the ads and layouts are way less obnoxious than myspace. Also, I have four hundred something myspace friends (mostly zine connections) but less than ten facebook friends, and it's nice to know them all.

Lately I've been seeking more penpals. For some reason, I've been attracting Australians. My ads state I'm feminist and looking for feminists, so it's nice to get people who want to talk about that. I've made tenuous relationships for five new penpals so far--tenuous because the beginning is a delicate time--I've had tons of penpals who didn't stick with me past the honeymoon stage, or who bailed even before the first letter. So getting five might mean, in the long run, more like two or three. So it's not too many, but I may need to take my ads down.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home