dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, December 03, 2007

harmonium, penis movie, Chinese breakfast

Yesterday in the morning I played harmonium for the first time during worship. I did really well despite being so nervous that I almost started to cry. Afterwards, friends praised me, and my friend P hugged and kissed me and told me that it was great. So I'm happy I got my first time over with, though I know I'll be nearly as nervous other times.

Yesterday was Girl Movie Night, the meeting of a feminist movie group here in Sacramento, and we saw Private Dicks, a documentary of men talking about their penises. It was fun. I missed the afterward-discussion, unfortunately, because I asked Erik to pick me up at a time that was too early. (I don't drive in Midtown.)

Saturday I was supposed to eat Dim Sum with my friend K, but the place doesn't serve Dim Sum anymore, so instead we had Chinese breakfast. It was supposed to be just me and K, but four of her friends showed up, so it was a group of six, and I was nervous / uncomfortable, but it was neat to be around people, and afterward we went to Beer's Book across the street for a little book shopping. I bought some postcards and a fifty cent Dover book of Celtic fairy tales which Erik is reading out loud to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home