dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

zoo, tea, Berkeley

Saturday I had a really good time with K at the zoo. We ate gardenburgers and flower salads. We saw tigers, lemurs, birds, a wallaby, monkeys, giraffes.... We had good conversation. I watched her parallel park in a very small space. We bought birthday presents for two of K's friends: a book of trees and a water whistler.

The tea party Sunday was easier than I thought it would be. It was me, H, and 12 of her gamer friends. I was the only non-gamer there, and I felt honored to be the exception. I found the people friendly, funny, and witty. There was a lot of laughter at the table, and good feelings. The tea and food were delicious. I met a few people, got invited to go to a Ren Faire with them, and got invited to come to an open house night. Being social leads to being more social.

The trip to Berkeley yesterday was good too. I liked being at the marina. Erik and I had lunch at a very expensive restaurant: Chez Panisse Cafe. It's a place we're been thinking about for years, and we were intimidated yet pleased to finally eat there. We bought bread at Acme. We shopped at Elephant Pharmacy. We forgot the originals at home, so we couldn't do the photocopying. Maybe we're going back Wednesday. SAT scoring starts Thursday, and everything changes then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home