dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, June 23, 2008

dancing

Well, SAT scoring is over. Last night we watched a movie called The Thin Man. It's a classic--it's a mystery. We got it from the library. It's entertaining.

We also watched a super short documentary about Day of the Dead festivals in Oaxaca. It thrilled me. The music was pretty bad (out of tune), but we loved seeing the celebrations. We liked the parade and the people dancing in costume. I liked all the flowers.

I got an email from my best friend E who's in Colorado doing a summer writing program at Naropa. I was surprised to hear from her. I was prepared for a month of silence, so it was nice.

I've been sleeping a lot lately. I slept almost 12 hours night before last. Last night was more like 10. It's been more than a week like this.

We went to farmers market yesterday. We also went to the Carmichael library. I got Swann's Way out again--I had renewed it too many times (three times) and had to return it. So I have it again. I read some yesterday. I've also been reading a memoir called Looking Back by Lois Lowry. She wrote some of my favorite children's books: the Anastasia series, Us and Uncle Fraud. She also wrote The Giver, which I read as an adult, just a few months ago.

2 Comments:

  • At June 23, 2008 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Thin Man is in my Netflix queue! I really want to see it.

    Also, I was looking into the writing program at Naropa for awhile. Does your friend like it?

    take care,
    katie.

     
  • At June 23, 2008 9:52 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    She went to grad school there, their writing program, and had a great experience.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home