dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, June 21, 2008

karma yoga day as it really was

I got there at 9. Meditation was just getting out. Swami saw me and said good morning. I waved. (It was really important for Swami to see me.) I got gloves on and got a little shovel. Trowel? Yeah.

So I worked with P. At first it looked like I was going to be under the supervision of J, but then P stole me, which we were happy about. Happy that J didn't throw a fit. So we pulled weeds for three hours. It was hot. It's 102 here right now, yahoo! says.

Then we had a half hour break. That was tough for me. I didn't want to be around people anymore. But I had to grin and bear it.

Then was lunch, which was pretty tasty. B made a brown rice and tofu dish that was quite yum. There was a boring green bean casserole. There was dal. There was keifer. (Wikipedia doesn't seem to know what keifer is. Maybe I'm spelling it wrong? It's like yogurt.) There was watermelon--either seedless, or the seeds were picked out. It was good. Then there was a brown betty (made with loquats) and vanilla ice cream. The brown betty was supreme.

Then we had choir practice. I was exhausted, and I had a hard time making myself sing.

Now, home, the apartment was very hot. It's finally cooling down. Erik is hiking with T. I want to make brown betty. Maybe B would give me his recipe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home