dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, June 12, 2008

SAT, mental health place, haystacks

A new SAT scoring session started today, so we'll have work for about 12 days. Erik's planning to work nine and a half hours today, tomorrow, and Saturday. Then he'll go down to about eight hours a day.

Today I need to go to my mental health place to pick up medication. Tomorrow I have an intake appointment to get counseling there. (I'd been on the list for more than a year, I guess, and finally I'm getting a chance.) I want to do some writing beforehand: make lists of what I want to get out of counseling, what attributes I need my counselor to have. Actually, they call them therapists there.

Yesterday in the morning I made some haystacks with oatmeal, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, butter, soymilk. They're very tasty, but I used the full amount of sugar that the recipe calls for--always before, I cut it by about half. So the cookies set better than they ever have before, but I can tell a difference in how I feel after eating more sugar. Next time I make them, I'll go back to half.

2 Comments:

  • At June 12, 2008 3:19 PM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    Do you ever experiment with different sugars? I've tried date sugar, which to my understanding is a more natural sugar to digest. I generally use only part date sugar in a recipe, though, because its consistency is more like flour.

     
  • At June 13, 2008 10:23 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    I have never seen date sugar in a store! I would like to try some. Maybe I will have to look in the internets.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home